In which I teach you (hopefully) to make something like this:
I’m going to assume you know how to make a basic gif. I use Photoshop CS5.1 Extended but I think most versions of Photoshop should work.
- Create your first gif, but if you usually use the quick sharpening method of turning frames into timeline, don’t. You’ll have to sharpen them individually.
- Apply colouring and then put all the layers into a group.
- Create your second gif and do the same for this as for the first one.
- Then highlight all of the frames of one gif (it doesn’t really matter, and you can experiment with which of the gifs you want to use as the overlay quite easily) and the group, and click the button on the corner of your animation box with the arrow next to the three lines. Select ‘copy frames’.
- Go to the other gif and highlight everything, then go to the same button and select ‘paste frames’. Choose ‘paste over selection’.
- Now both sets of frames will be on top of each other. Make sure all the frames are highlighted, then click on the top group and choose either ‘screen’ or ‘lighten’. I usually use screen.
- This is basically all you need to do. If the effect isn’t what you want, for example, the top gif is too light so you can’t see the bottom gif, play around with opacity and colouring or just change which gif goes on top.
- If you want to blend the top into the bottom at a certain point, just add a vector mask to the top group and use the gradient tool from where you want the image to start blending to where you want it to stop. An example from the same gifset is this:
If I haven’t explained something very well, or if you have anything to ask me, don’t hesitate to! I hope I helped.
textures x20 @ whymeansrawr
*download in .rar » mf or da or in .zip » mf or da
*please, like/reblog if you downloaded this.
*don’t redistribute or claim as your own cause every texture was made by me.
*follow me for more and enjoy.
New Random Texture Pack
7 vintage textures - download here (.zip)
attention; you all pretty much know how this works so i’ll be brief, like the post if you download it or you’ll burn in hell forever. Also if you want to make me the happiest person in the world, after you’ve used this psd please send me a link to your work.
The usual rules apply: don’t redistribute, don’t claim as your own, and don’t remove the credit. Please don’t move it to a secondary page either.
- 4 links.
- Without title
*Please like or reblog if you use one of this themes.
Theme #018: She’s Thunderstorms
- 160px Sidebar Picture
- Optional Infinite Scrolling
- Optional Tiny Cursor
- Faded or Inverted Images
- 4 Custom Links
If you have any problems, message me here.
Please like or reblog if you plan on using :-)
- Five optional links.
- Sidebar image is 120px wide, and 190px height. It sizes anything bigger automatically, but use those exact sizes to obtain the best quality.
Please keep the credit. If you’re going to move it, put it on a FAQ page or something. If there’s any problems, message me here.